Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Town with Highest Zip Code in the Philippines

Here's a trivia question for you: What province in the Philippines has the highest postal code? Check the map below and go back here. Now which town in the province has the zip code 9811, the highest in the country? Check this page from Philippine Postal Corporation.

Oookay. Probably, you already know the answer even without looking at the map or clicking the link. This blog obviously is about the Municipality of Senator Ninoy Aquino, so I don't have any good reason to ask a trivia about another town (or at least at this point, when I'm still on the preliminary stages of building this site).

So there. If you're not a spelunker or anthropologist but you're a sucker for trivia, the information I've just given you might be a come-on enough for you to visit my hometown.

Map by Howard the Duck, licensed under Creative Commons

Before I say adieu, though, let me add another trivia about the trivia: Though Senator Ninoy Aquino has a designated zip code, it hasn't have an official post office for several years now. People here has to go to Isulan, the capital town of Sultan Kudarat, to mail their letters and documents. Rumor has it that the last local postmaster or whatever he was called had stolen some checks sent in the mail, so the postal service here was discontinued. Now say with me: Tsk, tsk, tsk.