Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Updates

I’m having trouble with the comments feature of this blog. I activated it a few weeks ago, but the widget remains hidden. I’ll try to fix it when I find the time. Don’t hold your breath, however. For suggestions and queries, you may always e-mail me at rj2ortega@gmail.com.

Finally, I’m done writing the content of the Manobo Overview page. All the pages of this blog are now complete. For the information on Manobo location, population, and the like, I am greatly indebted to three sources: Violence and Christianization in Manoboland, a book by Fr. Rafael Tianero, OMI; Journey from the Margins, the Doctor of Ministry dissertation of Fr. Francis Efren Zabala, OMI; and Defending the Land, a study by the Tri-People Consortium for Peace, Progress and Development in Mindanao (Tricom).

While my posts are written in Kulaman Plateau, they are uploaded online in Isulan, the capital town of Sultan Kudarat, or in Koronadal City, South Cotabato. Kulaman has no internet connection of any kind anywhere, so at least once a month I “go down” the plateau to update this blog and attend to other matters. It’s a good thing that Blogger has a prescheduling option. I’m able to have a new post come out each week.

The citation format I used for the Bibliography page is based on The Chicago Manual of Style. I chose Chicago because I’m comfortable with it; it’s our bible when I was still working as a copy editor for a self-publishing company. Note, however, that most research journals and academic books use other styles and the publication details are ordered differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment