Friday, October 10, 2014

October Updates

I am momentarily suspending my Photo Friday project. My hands are and will be full with some other tasks. I can’t find time to go out to take pictures, digitally crop or enhance them, and write about them. I’m not sure when I will resume the mini project. In January next year maybe.

As to my Monday posts, starting the first week of October 2014, I’m using again excerpts from Defending the Land, a book about the tribes in Mindanao that are working on their ancestral domain claims. This time, I’m using the section on the Teduray people. Most of the Teduray live in Maguindanao Province, but some of them are in the Municipality of Lebak, Sultan Kudarat Province, at the periphery of Kulaman Plateau.

The series is running for nine Mondays. After that, I might use the section of the book about the Maguindanao, for I found out that the specific Maguindano clan that is staking their ancestral domain claim is in the Minicipality of Bagumbayan, Sultan Kudarat Province, also on the periphery of the Kulaman Plateau.

So in the coming weeks, I can assure you only of one post per week. But I’ll post additional write-ups in case I find some topics that do not take much time and energy to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment