Monday, May 11, 2015

My 150th Post

I plan to create at least 500 posts for this blog, and this means that, if my average number of posts per year is 50. I have to maintain this blog for at least 10 years. I still have more than seven years to go.

There’s no shortcut to my 500th post, so I have to do it one post at a time, and to mark my progress, I’ll allow myself a celebratory post for every 50th post. So here it is—my 3rd celebratory post, my 150th blog post.

I think I sound silly in the preceding paragraphs. A “celebratory post” simply means the title goes something like this: “This is my xth post.” It is still not much different from other, ordinary posts.

For this post, I’m featuring a very short video I took of a Dulangan Manobo dance. The dance was performed last year in the fiesta of my village. The quality of the video isn’t very good because it was nighttime and I used the zoom feature of my camera. I didn’t go near the stage to shoot because I didn’t want any undue attention. The audio is good, though, because the speakers of the sound system were loud. The dancers were Dulangan Manobos studying in the local elementary and secondary schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment